Second arrest over body on motorway
Wednesday 01 September 2010
Police have made a second arrest over the murder of Bath graduate Melanie Hall 14 years ago, two months after another suspect was released on bail.
A 39-year-old man, from Wiltshire, was detained on suspicion of murder after handing himself in at a police station in the Avon and Somerset area yesterday afternoon.
In July a 38-year-old man was arrested after he voluntarily attended Bath police station. He was later released on bail.
Ms Hall, a psychology graduate, went missing in June 1996 after a night out in Bath. Her remains were discovered hidden in five plastic bags at the side of the M5 motorway last October.
Det Chief Insp Gareth Bevan described the latest arrest as an important step but stressed that the investigation is still ongoing.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- < Previous
- Next >