Shipley stabbings: Man held over murder and stabbing
Tuesday 02 July 2013
Police are linking the murder of an 84-year-old woman to the stabbing of a nine-year-old boy and another incident in which an eight-year-old girl was chased into her home.
West Yorkshire Police said a 26-year-old man had been arrested over the murder of Louisa Denby on Monday at her home in Shipley, and the attempted murder of the nine-year-old boy at a nearby skate park.
Ms Denby’s body was found in the bedroom of her semi-detached house just hours after the boy was airlifted to hospital from the Carnegie skate park with chest and arm injuries after an apparently random attack.
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw