Sian Blake: EastEnders actress and sons died 'as from head and neck injuries' as partner reportedly seen in Ghana

The bodies were found earlier this week

Click to follow
The Independent Online

Police have confirmed that the three bodies found in a garden in Kent are that of Sian Blake and her two children.

Scotland Yard said that they died as a result of head and neck injuries.

The bodies of 43-year-old Ms Blake, eight-year-old Zachary Bilal Kent-Blake and four-year-old Amon Ben George Kent-Blake, were discovered on Tuesday at their family home in Erith.

The force said "significant attempts had been made to conceal the bodies".

The EastEnders actor and the children were reported missing on 16 December.

Arthur Simpson-Kent, the father of the two boys and Ms Blake's former boyfriend, was questioned by police on the same day.

He is now believed to be in Ghana. According to a photo obtained by ITV, the 48-year-old was seen at Kotoka Airport three days after being questioned.

"We are continuing to appeal for any information about the movements of Arthur-Simpson-Kent," said Detective Superintendent Paul Monk.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “Whether or not [Mr Simpson-Kent] is in the country is one line of inquiry.”

Earlier, Ms Blake's sister said she believed Mr Simpson-Kent was responsible for the deaths.

Ava Blake also claimed her sister, who had motor neurone disease, told their mother that she wanted to end her relationship with him.

Arthur Simpson-Kent on his arrival at Kotoka Airport in Accra, Ghana

Speaking at Scotland Yard, she said: “Unfortunately I believe Arthur was responsible for my sister and my [nephews’] death.”

“I want him to be brought back to justice. He’ll have to answer to the courts of this land and to God eventually. I don’t know what is going through his mind.”

She also said: “In our opinion the relationship had already come to an end but she hadn’t quite made that break or that decision to leave Arthur."

And she claimed texts she had received from her sister - which said she was going away for “a few weeks” - after her disappearance were not written by her because of the poor spelling they contained.

The case has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission after the facing questions over why it took police nearly three weeks to find what are believed to the be the bodies of Ms Blake and her two children.

Additional reporting by PA