Sisters trapped with mother's body
Wednesday 14 July 2010
Two sisters, aged three and four, are in the care of social services after spending the weekend trapped in a house in Merseyside with their dead mother.
Officers were called to the property in Wallasey on Sunday when neighbours saw the girls' legs dangling out of a window. Emergency crews then found the body of 29-year-old Debbie Caldwell, who is thought to have died on Friday.
Her daughters, who were already known to social services, are believed to be doing well, Wirral Borough Council said.
A Merseyside Police spokesman said the cause of Ms Caldwell's death was not yet known. The results of the post-mortem were inconclusive and they were waiting for results of toxicology tests.
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >