Sisters trapped with mother's body
Wednesday 14 July 2010
Two sisters, aged three and four, are in the care of social services after spending the weekend trapped in a house in Merseyside with their dead mother.
Officers were called to the property in Wallasey on Sunday when neighbours saw the girls' legs dangling out of a window. Emergency crews then found the body of 29-year-old Debbie Caldwell, who is thought to have died on Friday.
Her daughters, who were already known to social services, are believed to be doing well, Wirral Borough Council said.
A Merseyside Police spokesman said the cause of Ms Caldwell's death was not yet known. The results of the post-mortem were inconclusive and they were waiting for results of toxicology tests.
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
'Jihadi John': Mohammed Emwazi – from British computer programmer to Isis executioner
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia