Six face court over 'exploitation'
Six men charged in connection with an investigation into child exploitation will appear in court today.
A total of 13 suspects were arrested in Oxford on Thursday by police investigating claims 24 vulnerable girls under 16 were groomed for rape.
Six were charged with offences including rape, conspiring to rape a child, arranging child prostitution and trafficking.
Thames Valley Police said the men, aged between 26 and 37, face 33 counts between them.
Seven men have been released on police bail until next month.
Officers started their investigation after a number of girls were reported missing.
Detectives believe runaways as young as 11 may have been preyed upon for Britain's sex trade.
More than 100 officers took part in raids as the force executed 14 warrants across the city as part of an operation named Bullfinch.
Police chiefs posted a video on YouTube to reassure community members and urge any potential victims to come forward.
Patrols of officers took to the streets of the university city to hand out public awareness leaflets.
These are the details of the men charged:
* A 26-year-old man has been charged with 10 counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child;
* A 30-year-old man was charged with one count of conspiring to rape a child, one count of arranging prostitution of a child, and one count of trafficking;
* A 31-year-old man has been charged with three counts of rape, one count of conspiring to rape a child, three counts of arranging the prostitution of a child, one count of making a threat to kill and one count of trafficking;
* A 37-year-old man was charged with two counts of conspiracy to rape a child and one count of supplying a class A controlled drug to a child;
* A 32-year-old man has been charged with one count of rape;
* A 26-year-old man has been charged with four counts of rape, two counts of arranging the prostitution of a child and one count of making a threat to kill.
International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
International Women’s Day: 'When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch' - feminist quotes from female icons to inspire you
Exclusive: New evidence links the murders of Stephen Lawrence and a private investigator
Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability