Six face court over 'exploitation'
Six men charged in connection with an investigation into child exploitation will appear in court today.
A total of 13 suspects were arrested in Oxford on Thursday by police investigating claims 24 vulnerable girls under 16 were groomed for rape.
Six were charged with offences including rape, conspiring to rape a child, arranging child prostitution and trafficking.
Thames Valley Police said the men, aged between 26 and 37, face 33 counts between them.
Seven men have been released on police bail until next month.
Officers started their investigation after a number of girls were reported missing.
Detectives believe runaways as young as 11 may have been preyed upon for Britain's sex trade.
More than 100 officers took part in raids as the force executed 14 warrants across the city as part of an operation named Bullfinch.
Police chiefs posted a video on YouTube to reassure community members and urge any potential victims to come forward.
Patrols of officers took to the streets of the university city to hand out public awareness leaflets.
These are the details of the men charged:
* A 26-year-old man has been charged with 10 counts of engaging in sexual activity with a child;
* A 30-year-old man was charged with one count of conspiring to rape a child, one count of arranging prostitution of a child, and one count of trafficking;
* A 31-year-old man has been charged with three counts of rape, one count of conspiring to rape a child, three counts of arranging the prostitution of a child, one count of making a threat to kill and one count of trafficking;
* A 37-year-old man was charged with two counts of conspiracy to rape a child and one count of supplying a class A controlled drug to a child;
* A 32-year-old man has been charged with one count of rape;
* A 26-year-old man has been charged with four counts of rape, two counts of arranging the prostitution of a child and one count of making a threat to kill.
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Sarah Vine on Jack Monroe being a lesbian mother: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
Michael Brown shooting: Ten things we know – or know better – now the Ferguson grand jury's work is over
Ferguson riots: The most powerful images to emerge from protests over Michael Brown killing
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'