Six held over 'dissident activity' in Northern Ireland
Friday 05 April 2013
Six people have been arrested on suspicion of dissident republican terrorist activity, the Police Service of Northern Ireland has said.
The five men and one woman are being questioned by detectives from the serious crime unit in Antrim.
Three of the men were arrested in west Belfast last night and two in Derriaghey, while the woman was arrested in Dunmurry.
Last month Assistant Chief Constable Alistair Finlay insisted that the PSNI is prepared for any upsurge in terrorist activity ahead of this summer's G8 conference.
The senior officer said he was aware that anti-capitalist militants could align themselves with dissident republicans to disrupt the meeting in Co Fermanagh in June.
"Dissident republican activity is sadly an ongoing feature of Northern Ireland," he said.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- < Previous
- Next >