Six people taken hospitalised after stabbings at two properties near Belfast
Monday 30 December 2013
Two people were seriously hurt and four others injured after they were stabbed in two houses in a town just north of Belfast.
They were taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH) in west Belfast after the attacks on the loyalist Ballyduff Brae Estate in Newtownabbey at about 4pm today.
Ambulance Service spokesman John McPoland said: “Six casualties have been taken to the RVH. It happened at a couple of different houses in close proximity.
"Two of them we would be concerned about, we asked for medical teams to be put on stand-by at the hospital."
A police spokesman said: "An investigation into the circumstances is under way but police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident at this stage."
A neighbour told Northern Irish channel UTV that she thought the stabbings were a domestic incident.
"I actually feel quite sick about it," she said. ”To think that was going on over there... and we could have done something about it."
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'