Six quizzed in abduction and rape probe
Monday 13 September 2010
Detectives have arrested a total of six men in connection with the alleged rape and abduction of a 19-year-old woman, it was revealed today.
West Mercia Police initially detained five men yesterday after receiving a report that a serious sexual assault had taken place at a takeaway in the Wellington area of Telford, Shropshire.
Detective Inspector John Elcock, of Telford CID, said a sixth man was arrested early today as part of inquiries into the alleged attack.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who was at the Flames takeaway in Market Square, Wellington, in the early hours of Sunday,
Mr Elcock said: "I can confirm that police officers from Telford and Wrekin are investigating reports that a woman in her late teens was the victim of a serious sexual assault.
"Five men who were arrested yesterday morning on suspicion of rape and abduction currently remain in custody and are helping police with their inquiries.
"In addition, a sixth man was arrested early this morning and he is now in custody."
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins