Sky Sports pundit Ray Wilkins charged with drink-driving
Wednesday 09 May 2012
Former England and Chelsea player Ray Wilkins has been charged with drink-driving, police said.
The Sky Sports pundit was arrested near his home in Cobham, Surrey, in the early hours of Monday.
The 55-year-old, who notched up 84 caps for England during his playing days, was pulled over in Fairmile Lane in the town at 1.50am, Surrey Police confirmed.
He was interviewed at Reigate police station before being charged and bailed.
During his career he played at various clubs including Chelsea, Manchester United, Milan and Queens Park Rangers. He was awarded an MBE in 1993 for services to football.
Wilkins is due to appear at North Surrey Magistrates' Court on May 21.
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
Hong Kong protests: Leung Chun-ying denies Chinese troops will help to quell demonstrations
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven
- < Previous
- Next >