Sky Sports pundit Ray Wilkins charged with drink-driving
Wednesday 09 May 2012
Former England and Chelsea player Ray Wilkins has been charged with drink-driving, police said.
The Sky Sports pundit was arrested near his home in Cobham, Surrey, in the early hours of Monday.
The 55-year-old, who notched up 84 caps for England during his playing days, was pulled over in Fairmile Lane in the town at 1.50am, Surrey Police confirmed.
He was interviewed at Reigate police station before being charged and bailed.
During his career he played at various clubs including Chelsea, Manchester United, Milan and Queens Park Rangers. He was awarded an MBE in 1993 for services to football.
Wilkins is due to appear at North Surrey Magistrates' Court on May 21.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Humans are not smarter than animals - we just don't understand them
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >