Sky Sports pundit Ray Wilkins charged with drink-driving
Wednesday 09 May 2012
Former England and Chelsea player Ray Wilkins has been charged with drink-driving, police said.
The Sky Sports pundit was arrested near his home in Cobham, Surrey, in the early hours of Monday.
The 55-year-old, who notched up 84 caps for England during his playing days, was pulled over in Fairmile Lane in the town at 1.50am, Surrey Police confirmed.
He was interviewed at Reigate police station before being charged and bailed.
During his career he played at various clubs including Chelsea, Manchester United, Milan and Queens Park Rangers. He was awarded an MBE in 1993 for services to football.
Wilkins is due to appear at North Surrey Magistrates' Court on May 21.
'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
Russell Brand opposes anti-Semitism after death threats: 'We must disavow all forms of prejudice that lead to exclusion and execution'
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – as hunt begins for killer
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Microbial life found living on the exterior of the International Space Station, say reports
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27