Son and teen remanded over mother's murder
Wednesday 13 October 2010
A son appeared in court today charged with the murder of his mother.
Usman Shahzad, 21, from Havelock Street, Aylesbury, Bucks, and a 16-year-old boy appeared at Reading Crown Court for a brief hearing.
The pair are charged with murdering wealthy businesswoman Assia Shahzad, 40, of Wendover Road, Aylesbury, on Saturday evening. She was taken to hospital from her home but died of her injuries.
No bail application was made and both were remanded in custody, Thames Valley Police said.
A plea and case management hearing will take place on December 17 at Reading Crown Court.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- < Previous
- Next >