Son denies murdering 100-year-old mother
Friday 04 June 2010
A son accused of murdering his 100-year-old mother denied the charge when he appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Michael Fitzgibbon, 62, is alleged to have killed Hannah Fitzgibbon on February 24 this year.
Mrs Fitzgibbon died from a stab wound to her neck at the terraced home she shared with her unemployed son.
Fitzgibbon, of Hainton Close, Stepney, east London, pleaded not guilty to the charge of murder when he appeared in court via videolink today.
He was remanded in custody to face trial on August 23.
peopleContenders for Time magazine's Person of the Year are a mixture of the good, the bad and the holy
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
newsAs the world remembers Mandela the hero, the prison where he spent 27 years seems all the more brutal
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
danceUnder Tamara Rojo's inspired direction, it seems possible that it could challenge the dominance of the Royal Ballet. We meet some established names and rising stars
travelDiscover Uruguay's jet-set beach resort, an Atlantic enclave with plenty of art and culture to explore on the side
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >