Stoke City's Jermaine Pennant charged with drink-driving after car crash
Monday 30 April 2012
Premier League footballer Jermaine Pennant has been charged with drink-driving.
The Stoke City player was questioned by police after his BMW collided with a silver Audi in Sale, Greater Manchester.
The 29-year-old, of Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, has been charged with drink-driving, driving while disqualified, and having no insurance.
He is due to appear before Trafford magistrates on May 9.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "At about 5.20am on Sunday April 29, police were called to Cross Street to reports a white BMW collided with a silver Audi.
"The driver of the Audi went to hospital for treatment.
"He was treated for a minor injury to the back. He has been discharged."
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
Scottish independence: Final opinion polls show undecided voters could swing the result either way
Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Alan Henning: British Muslim leaders unite to call on Isis to release UK hostage
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair