Stolen car crashes through house window
Saturday 16 February 2013
A stolen four-by-four vehicle crashed through the window of a family home, hurling a nine-year-old child across the room.
The red Land Rover Freelander smashed through the front of the semi-detached house in Netherfields, Middlesbrough, causing substantial damage to the property.
The child, who was uninjured but treated for shock at the scene, was thrown on to the floor when the car hit the sofa.
Police said the car had been reported as stolen and that two men were seen running from the scene after the crash, which happened at 7.20pm last night.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact Cleveland Police.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights