Sun journalist freed on bail
Friday 20 July 2012
A journalist from The Sun newspaper who was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods has been released on bail.
The man was detained at his home in north London yesterday morning by officers from Operation Tuleta, which is investigating alleged computer hacking and wider privacy offences.
He is the seventh person to be arrested as part of the inquiry, which operates in conjunction with the phone-hacking investigation.
Scotland Yard said a 35-year-old man was arrested at about 6.30am yesterday and was bailed last night.
A spokesman said: "The man, a journalist, was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods."
A spokeswoman from News International confirmed a journalist from The Sun was arrested yesterday morning.
So far, 24 people have been arrested as part of the phone-hacking inquiry, Operation Weeting, and 41 as part of an investigation into alleged corrupt payments to officials, Operation Elveden.
Ryan Gosling granted temporary restraining order against a woman 'convinced she was his twin flame'
Jennifer Lawrence sings in new The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt 1 clip on YouTube
Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'