Survivor of 7 July sues over 'hacking'
Tuesday 22 May 2012
A survivor of the 7/7 London bombings whose phone was allegedly targeted for phone hacking by the News of the World is suing the now defunct newspaper's publisher.
Professor John Tulloch, a former lecturer at Brunel University whose bloodied face became a symbol of the terrorist attacks that killed 52 commuters on buses and trains in 2005, has been told by police that his contact details were found in the notebooks of the private investigator Glenn Mulcaire. He is now taking Mr Mulcaire to court along with News International, the owner of the tabloid newspaper that employed him.
Prof Tulloch, who was close to the bomb that went off on a train at Edgware Road station and suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, will be the second person to take action over phone hacking related to the attacks. Last year, Sheila Henry – whose son, Christian Small, was killed at Russell Square station – announced she was seeking damages but settled before the case went to trial.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
HSBC review into moving headquarters from UK 'underway'
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour