Ibrahim Muktar Said, 27, who is accused of the failed Hackney bus bombing, and Ramzi Mohamed, 23, suspected of attempting the Oval tube bombing, were charged last night with conspiracy to murder, attempted murder, conspiring to endanger life by using explosives, and of making or possessing an explosive with the intent "to endanger life or cause serious injury to property" on July 21. They were arrested in raids in west London on 29 July.
Yasin Hassan Omar, suspected of the failed Warren Street Tube bombing, was charged with similar offences on Saturday and will also appear in court today.
Another man, Manfo Kwaku Asiedu, 32, of Finsbury Park, north London, was also charged on similar counts, understood to relate to the discovery of a discarded rucksack at Little Wormwood Scrubs, north-west London, on 23 July. He was arrested on 26 July in the Finchley area.
Siraj Yassin Abdullah Ali and Wharbi Mohammed, were also charged last night with assisting people in evading arrest. All six men will appear before Bow Street Magistrates' Court, sitting at Belmarsh prison in London, today.
Meanwhile an al-Qa'ida suspect arrested in Lusaka, Zambia, last month and questioned over possible links to terrorism, was deported back to Britain yesterday. Haroon Rashid Aswat, 30, was arrested on his arrival at RAF Northolt.
Mr Aswat, who grew up in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, the home of the 7 July bomber Mohammad Sidique Khan, was arrested under Zambian immigration laws. But the authorities then realised he was a terror suspect and decided to deport him. The US authorities are believed to be keen to speak to Mr Aswat over claims he tried to set up a terrorist training camp in the 1990s.
Scotland Yard and the Home Office have meanwhile denied claims they were warned by Saudi sources weeks before the 7 July bombs that a terrorist attack in the UK was imminent. Prince Turki al-Faisal, the Saudi ambassador to the UK, said details of a possible plot to attack London obtained from terror suspects under interrogation had been given to British intelligence four months ago.
Insiders denied receiving detailed intelligence, with one saying: "You only have to use common sense. Do you really believe that if the Metropolitan Police had such detailed intelligence they would do nothing about it or tell the public?
"There was certainly a close liaison between the Saudi Arabian intelligence authorities and the British intelligence authorities some months ago when information was passed to Britain about a heightened terrorist threat to London."
Saudi security sources were investigating whether two Moroccans said to be senior figures in al-Qa'ida and killed in separate shoot-outs in Saudi Arabia in the weeks before July 7 were in phone contact with the British bombers.