Teenage gang detained for stabbing boy, 16, to death
Two teenagers were given life sentences yesterday for the murder of a schoolboy.
They had been part of a gang which chased 16-year-old Kodjo Yenga shouting "kill him, kill him".
Kodjo was left dying in his girlfriend's arms after being stabbed in the heart in Hammersmith, west London, in March, last year.
He had been ambushed by about a dozen youngsters, including two girls, who armed themselves with knives, bats and even a bull terrier.
As horrified passers-by tried to help, the gang, some of them in their school uniforms, ran away laughing.
Judge Christopher Moss ordered that Tirrell Davis, 17, and Brandon Richmond, 14, should be detained during Her Majesty's Pleasure.
He told the Old Bailey they should serve a minimum term of 15 years.
Three other youths, Yemoh Kurtis, 17, Jamel Bridgeman and Michel Williams, both 15, were given ten years' detention with five years on extended licence after their release.
The five, who had denied killing Kodjo, were all from Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush, west London.
London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Isis in Syria: 60,000 Kurds flee terror in new exodus
Alan Henning kidnapping: Wife appeals for Isis to release 'peaceful and selfless' British aid worker
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death