Teenager shot dead in east London
A murder inquiry was under way today after a teenager was shot dead, police said.
Officers were called to Chesterton Road, Plaistow, east London at about 3.20am after reports of two teenagers suffering gunshot wounds.
The victim, believed to be 16, was pronounced dead at the scene. A second teenager, believed to be 15, was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is understood to be critical, Scotland Yard said.
No arrests have yet been made.
Next of kin have been informed, though the teenager has not yet been formally identified.
A post-mortem is expected to take place shortly, police said.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Trident unit, which tackles gun related crime within the black community, are investigating the death.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- < Previous
- Next >