Teenager shot dead in east London
A murder inquiry was under way today after a teenager was shot dead, police said.
Officers were called to Chesterton Road, Plaistow, east London at about 3.20am after reports of two teenagers suffering gunshot wounds.
The victim, believed to be 16, was pronounced dead at the scene. A second teenager, believed to be 15, was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is understood to be critical, Scotland Yard said.
No arrests have yet been made.
Next of kin have been informed, though the teenager has not yet been formally identified.
A post-mortem is expected to take place shortly, police said.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Trident unit, which tackles gun related crime within the black community, are investigating the death.
Marvel has released the first teaser trailer a week early after it leaked online
Ottawa shooting: Canadian soldier dies after being shot at National War Memorial – with one gunman killed inside parliament
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Isis releases first video showing the stoning of woman accused of committing adultery as her father shouts 'don't call me Dad'
Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
Diwali 2014: What is the festival of lights and how is it celebrated around the world?
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis