Teenager shot dead in east London
A murder inquiry was under way today after a teenager was shot dead, police said.
Officers were called to Chesterton Road, Plaistow, east London at about 3.20am after reports of two teenagers suffering gunshot wounds.
The victim, believed to be 16, was pronounced dead at the scene. A second teenager, believed to be 15, was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is understood to be critical, Scotland Yard said.
No arrests have yet been made.
Next of kin have been informed, though the teenager has not yet been formally identified.
A post-mortem is expected to take place shortly, police said.
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Trident unit, which tackles gun related crime within the black community, are investigating the death.
Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Isis 'A Message in Blood' video shows beheading of Kurdish man in Iraq
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >