Teenagers get life terms for Tube murder
Saturday 21 April 2012
Three teenagers have been detained for life for stabbing to death a 15-year-old school boy at a Tube station.
Sofyen Belamouadden was stabbed nine times after pupils from two rival schools clashed at Victoria station in 2010.
Obi Nwokeh, 19, Christopher Omoregrie, 18, and Samson Odegbune, 18, were told they must serve a minimum of 18 years each for the murder. They also received concurrent eight-year detention sentences for conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.
Old Bailey Judge Christopher Moss said the attack had been "ferocious and merciless".
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
travelFor broadcaster Mishal Husain, a long-haul Club Med holiday was a chance for her family to explore its sense of 'zen' and 'animation'
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
MPs face public anger after watchdog approves 'inappropriate' 11% pay rise
The 'terrorist' and the Tories: What did Nelson Mandela really think of Margaret Thatcher?
Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >