Teenagers on murder charge
Tuesday 02 October 2012
A girl aged 14 and a boy aged 16 have appeared in court charged with the murder of a 15-year-old boy.
Junior Nkwelle was stabbed to death near his home in Brixton, south London, last Thursday.
The girl and boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Camberwell Green Youth Court. They were remanded in custody and will appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
Junior was stabbed to death outside a block of flats on the Loughborough Estate in Brixton last Thursday evening.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, with police saying the killing was not believed to be gang-related.
Junior has been described as a "role model" for his community.
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Why this year's general election was the most unfair in Britain's history
- 1 Enrique Iglesias injured trying to catch a drone mid concert
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, reveals new look on Annie Leibovitz shot Vanity Fair cover
- 3 Arsenal players boo chief-executive Ivan Gazidis after being told they would not get bonus for FA Cup triumph
- 4 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 5 UK weather: Temperatures set to soar making parts of Britain hotter than parts of the Mediterranean