Teenagers shot dead in council estate alleyway
Saturday 28 May 2011
A gunman killed two teenagers with shots to the head after ambushing them in a darkened alleyway on a council estate.
Mohammed Abdi Farah, 19, of Birmingham, died in the alley on the Fishermead estate in Milton Keynes on Thursday night. His companion, Amin Ahmed Ismail 18, from London, died in hospital several hours later.
Mr Farah's uncle, Rashid Hirad, said he was in hiding for several weeks. He told Sky News the teenager's mother had moved to Birmingham to escape trouble in Milton Keynes: "She wanted to run away from these people but she couldn't. All the time he is coming back to Milton Keynes to visit friends and at last it happened."
Detective Superintendent Rob Mason, leading the investigation for Thames Valley Police, said: "We have not established a motive for the killings, but I can confirm both had been involved in relatively minor criminality. We believe that the victims in this incident are friends, but we do not know if the offender is known to them."
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Christian blogger says she will not wear leggings in public because they entice men and cause them to look at her 'lustfully'
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'