Ten biggest crime spots in England and Wales
Wednesday 21 October 2009
The launch of an interactive online map showing crime statistics for every street in England and Wales sparked such interest yesterday that it crashed just hours after its launch.
Interestingly enough users in London, Yorkshire, Humberside and Manchester were unable to access the site – which makes sense given that they are among the ten worst crime spots in the country.
To give you a hand in case the National Policing Improvement Agency’s site gets overloaded again we’ve compiled a list (by police force) of the ten worst areas statistically for crime in England and Wales.
London came out top (surprise surprise!) with Manchester next and Yorkshire and the north east faring pretty badly too. Sussex featured much higher on the list than it would have done last year following a staggering 29 per cent rise in crime overall. But in general the police stats suggest that crime rates are going down.
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh