Terror suspect held at Birmingham airport
Tuesday 20 December 2011
A man was today being questioned under the Terrorism Act after he was arrested at a UK airport, police said.
The man, 22, was arrested at Birmingham International Airport last night.
A West Midlands Police spokesman said he was held on suspicion of being in possession of a document likely to be of use to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism.
Police said the man is studying in the UK and has a student visa. He was arrested as he arrived in Birmingham on a flight from Dubai.
The spokesman added: "The suspected document was found in his possession."
Police said the man was a Pakistani national and was studying in the UK at a "fully accredited institution".
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing