Terror suspect held at Birmingham airport
Tuesday 20 December 2011
A man was today being questioned under the Terrorism Act after he was arrested at a UK airport, police said.
The man, 22, was arrested at Birmingham International Airport last night.
A West Midlands Police spokesman said he was held on suspicion of being in possession of a document likely to be of use to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism.
Police said the man is studying in the UK and has a student visa. He was arrested as he arrived in Birmingham on a flight from Dubai.
The spokesman added: "The suspected document was found in his possession."
Police said the man was a Pakistani national and was studying in the UK at a "fully accredited institution".
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'