The moment police shot Woolwich suspects captured on video
Friday 24 May 2013
Dramatic footage has emerged of the moment two terrorists were shot as they charged police officers called to the scene after a soldier was hacked to death in the street.
The two men can be seen brandishing weapons in broad daylight as they confronted officers following the brutal killing of Drummer Lee Rigby, 25, in Woolwich.
The footage, obtained by the Daily Mirror and which appears to have taken from a nearby block of flats, shows the two men walking along a footpath before one splinters off and runs full speed towards a marked police car, dropping a bladed weapon as a voice shouts orders to him to "drop it".
Just inches before the man reaches the car officers shoot fire two shoots as they are getting out of the vehicle, and the man spins away and falls to the ground.
The second man sidles along a fence on the footpath, pointing what appears to be a gun at the officers, who surround the man lying prone on the floor.
Four more shots ring out, felling the second man, and another two shots are also fired as the men lie on the floor - eight shots in total.
Screams can be heard as the men are filmed on the ground and the officers swarm around the pair. One of the officers appears to drop a Taser stun gun and attempt to draw a weapon as they detain them.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'