Thief drops till cash haul as he flees hotel
A thief who snatched hundreds of pounds from a hotel's reception dropped most of his haul as he was chased from the building.
He walked into the Britannia Hotel in Lichfield Street in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, at 10.30pm on Friday, December 14.
The thief then went behind the reception desk and grabbed a female staff member by the waist as she was cashing up, snatching the money from her.
He was chased by hotel staff and dropped most of the money as he fled.
West Midlands Police have issued CCTV images of a man they want to trace in connection with the theft.
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 EDL marches on Newcastle as attacks on Muslims increase tenfold in the wake of Woolwich machete attack which killed Drummer Lee Rigby
- 5 Farewell, Shameless. Your heirs have work to do
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.