Thieves raid holidaying Winehouse's flat
Thieves broke into singer Amy Winehouse's flat while she was on holiday in St Lucia, police confirmed today.
Some of her guitars and music recording equipment were taken in the raid, said her spokesman.
He said she was "disappointed" by the loss but "relieved" that she had her favourite guitar with her on the Caribbean island, he said.
Police were called to the address in Camden, north London to reports of two men forcing their way into the property in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Officers arrived to find the front door had been kicked in and property taken.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said that "a number" of the stolen items had been recovered but would not discuss further details.
He said: "The premises were secured and are now being forensically examined. The property was unoccupied."
Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations