Three Birmingham men held by anti-terror police
Friday 20 April 2012
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of possessing articles
and documents with intent to use them for terrorist purposes overseas.
The men, from Birmingham, were detained at Heathrow Airport last night after arriving on a flight from Oman.
They were arrested under Section 57 of the Terrorism Act 2000, West Midlands Police said.
Two of the men, aged 33 and 39, are from the Small Heath area of the city and the third, aged 33, from Alum Rock.
The arrests, made by officers from the West Midlands counter terrorism unit, were pre-planned and intelligence-led.
West Midlands Police said they were not made in response to any immediate threat to public safety.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing