Three held after teenage girl shot dead in Hackney
A girl believed to be 15-years-old has been shot dead at a home in east London, Scotland Yard said.
Police were called to reports of a shooting at a residential address in Eastway, Hackney shortly before 4pm on Saturday.
The London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance attended but the teenager was pronounced dead at the scene.
Three boys all aged under 18 were arrested nearby and taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Officers believe they know the identity of the deceased and have begun informing family, however they await formal identification.
“A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
“Detectives from the Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.”
Police are standing guard outside the terraced house where the shooting happened.
The street, which backs on to Wick Woodland, remains closed to allow detectives to carry out their inquiries.
Police flooded London's Hackney borough after the incident, with officers from across the capital drafted in to reinforce local officers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations