Three jailed for 'sadistic' horror film murder
Three killers were given long sentences today for "sadistically" murdering a teenager in a re-enactment of a scene from a spoof horror film
Simon Everitt, of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, was tied to a tree, doused in petrol then burned alive, Norwich Crown Court was told.
A judge today imposed three life sentences on his killers.
Mr Justice Calvert-Smith said Jonathan Clarke, 20, of Telford, Shropshire, would remain in prison for at least 27 years before being considered for parole.
He said Jimi-Lee Stewart, 25, of Great Yarmouth, would serve a minimum term of 22 years.
And the judge said Maria Chandler, 40, also of Great Yarmouth, would stay in jail for at least 17 years.
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set