Three men arrested on suspicion of committing racially aggravated public order offences at EDL march
Sunday 22 July 2012
Three men arrested on suspicion of committing racially aggravated public order offences at a protest staged by members of the English Defence League have been released on bail, police said.
Around 30 people took part in the demonstration in Chelmsford city centre yesterday, a spokesman for Essex Police said.
The protest started at around 2.30pm and was contained by police outside Shire Hall.
The men were arrested at around 3pm on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence.
A 35-year-old man from Rochester in Kent, a 19-year-old man from Dagenham and an 18-year-old man from Yateley in Hampshire were bailed today and ordered to return to an Essex police station on September 9.
Essex Police received no prior notification that the demonstration would be taking place.
The protest was concluded by 4.30pm, police said.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests