Three men 'planned to attack far-right group'
Wednesday 11 July 2012
Three men appeared in court yesterday accused of plotting to attack an English Defence League rally in West Yorkshire after weapons were found in a car stopped by police on the M1.
Jewel Uddin, 26, Omar Mohammed Khan, 27, and Mohammed Hasseen, 23, who are all from Sparkhill in Birmingham, appeared at Westminster magistrates' court. They are accused of involvement in the manufacture of an explosive device and the acquisition of weapons. They will appear at the Old Bailey on 31 July.
A mysterious rap singing the praises of Nigel Farage's party has appeared on YouTube
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
- 1 John Williams' Stoner wins Waterstones Book of the Year
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do
North Korea: Kim Jong Un 'sacks powerful uncle and has his aides executed'
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Lee Rigby murder trial: Police reveal dramatic new images and footage of the moments two suspects are arrested
Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
Kate Moss’ Playboy cover revealed for 60th anniversary edition