Three more held in corrupt payments investigation
Wednesday 04 July 2012
A prison officer and two other people were arrested today in connection with the police probe into corrupt payments to officials by journalists.
Two men aged 46 and 37 and a woman aged 50 were held this morning at addresses in south-east London, Surrey and Kent.
They are being questioned at separate south London police stations, Scotland Yard said.
The Metropolitan Police said the 46-year-old prison officer was arrested at his south east London home on suspicion of corruption, conspiracy to commit bribery and conspiracy to cause misconduct in a public office.
Officers arrested the 50-year-old woman at a non-residential address in Kent and the 37-year-old man at his home in Morden, Surrey, on suspicion of the same offences.
So far a total of 37 people have been arrested in connection with Operation Elveden, the investigation into suspected corrupt payments to public officials.
Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking
13 laws you didn't know you were breaking
Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
- < Previous
- Next >