Three more held in corrupt payments investigation
A prison officer and two other people were arrested today in connection with the police probe into corrupt payments to officials by journalists.
Two men aged 46 and 37 and a woman aged 50 were held this morning at addresses in south-east London, Surrey and Kent.
They are being questioned at separate south London police stations, Scotland Yard said.
The Metropolitan Police said the 46-year-old prison officer was arrested at his south east London home on suspicion of corruption, conspiracy to commit bribery and conspiracy to cause misconduct in a public office.
Officers arrested the 50-year-old woman at a non-residential address in Kent and the 37-year-old man at his home in Morden, Surrey, on suspicion of the same offences.
So far a total of 37 people have been arrested in connection with Operation Elveden, the investigation into suspected corrupt payments to public officials.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...