Three teenagers killed in car crash
Wednesday 29 December 2010
Three teenagers have died after a head-on traffic collision. South Yorkshire Police said the incident happened just outside Mexborough when the driver of a silver Vauxhall Corsa crashed into a VW Golf.
The Corsa driver and his front-seat passenger, both teenage boys, and a 16-year-old girl who was in the rear seat, died in the collision.
Another teenage boy who was in the rear of the Corsa suffered serious injuries and was taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary. The Golf driver, an elderly man, sustained minor injuries.
A police spokesman said the collision happened while the Corsa was trying to overtake another car just after 8pm on Monday.
Police named the men as Jonathan Scott, 17, from Conisbrough and Robert Ryan Tepper, also 17, of Mexborough. The name of the girl was not released.
A spokesman said a 19-year-old man and an 18-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and later bailed pending further inquiries.
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C