Two arrested on suspicion of murder after body found in woodland
Monday 28 May 2012
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a man whose remains were found in woodland three years after he was reported missing.
The suspects, a 43-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman, were held at an address in the Lower Coundon area of Coventry early today by officers investigating the death of Hiralal Chauhan.
Mr Chauhan was 58 when he went missing from his home in Bowness Close, Radford, Coventry, in 2009.
DNA tests were used to identify Mr Chauhan's remains, which were found in Coventry's Wainbody Wood on February 26 this year.
Detective Inspector Stuart Bell, from West Midlands Police, urged anyone with information about the death to come forward.
He said: “Whilst I am pleased with the progress of the investigation, I am still convinced that there are witnesses who have not yet contacted the police who may have vital information concerning Hiralal Chauhan being in those woods in the spring of 2009.
“I am keen to hear from anyone who was a frequent visitor to Wainbody Wood both during and before 2009 who may hold what they think is insignificant information but may, in reality, be extremely beneficial to this murder inquiry”
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'