Two held after body found on Great Western Beach in Newquay
Monday 04 June 2012
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of assault after a man's body was found washed up on a beach.
A member of the public discovered the body of Luke Griffin on Great Western Beach in Newquay at about 8.30am on Saturday.
The 20-year-old from Stroud, Gloucestershire, was visiting Newquay in Cornwall as part of an end-of-season football tour with his local football club, Leonard Stanley AFC.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said: "Two 41-year-old males from the Bedford area have been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with this incident.
"Both have been interviewed and bailed to return to Newquay Police Station in September.
"The deceased male, a 20-year-old from the Gloucester area, has not formally been identified though his immediate next of kin have been advised.
"Officers are keen to ascertain the male's movements prior to him being found on the beach.
"He is described as a 20-year-old white male with pale skin, of thin build with short black hair and was wearing a black polo shirt, blue denim jeans and white trainers."
Officers are particularly interested if anyone saw this man around the Crescent and Tram Tracks area of Newquay between 10.30 and 11pm on Friday June 1.
Anyone with information is urged to call 101 quoting log 286 of June 2 2012.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- < Previous
- Next >