Two quizzed over school run stabbing
Police were today questioning two men after a father was stabbed as he dropped his child off at a primary school.
Witnesses said the victim was involved in a row over a parking space near Eldon Junior School in Edmonton, north London, yesterday morning.
He was approached by two men and stabbed in the chest after taking his child into the school.
John O'Brien, who has two children at the school, told the Daily Mirror: "The row was over a parking space. Two guys were having a go at him through the window of his car.
"With the amount of cars dropping off kids it can get really manic. I've seen quite a few arguments. Nearly all of them in front of children."
Two men were arrested and were being held in custody, police said.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called at 9.05am to an assault in Chester Road. They found a man suffering a stab wound to the chest. He was taken to hospital. His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
"Two men were arrested in connection with the assault. Inquiries are ongoing."
Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
Chicago river turns green to mark Saint Patrick's Day
Saint Patrick's Day: As Google Doodle celebrates the patron saint of Ireland, here are 10 things you didn't know about the man himself
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers