Ukrainian man who stripped naked on a statue demands to be deported
Monday 26 November 2012
A man who allegedly stripped naked on top of a statue in central London before breaking off its sword and biting it, has appeared in court charged with possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
Dan Motrescu, 29, a Ukrainian of no fixed abode, has also been charged with criminal damage.
Motrescu dismissed his lawyer and said he wanted to be deported back to the Ukraine to be judged there. He was remanded in custody until Thursday, when he will reappear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court. He had been under close observation at St Thomas’s Hospital.
Motrescu was arrested after allegedly scaling the life-sized horse-mounted statue of Prince George, the Duke of Cambridge, in Whitehall, central London, on Friday.
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >