Ukrainian student questioned over mosque bombings charged with murder of pensioner
A Ukrainian student questioned over a series of bomb blasts near mosques in the West Midlands was charged on Monday night with the murder of a pensioner who was stabbed as he walked home from prayers.
Pavlo Lapshyn, 25, a postgraduate student from the industrial city of Dnipropetrovsk, was arrested last Thursday and questioned over three blasts and the murder of Mohammed Saleem, 75, who was attacked in April in Small Heath, Birmingham.
A second Ukrainian, a 22-year-old engineering student, was released after questioning and is being treated as a witness.
Mr Lapshyn is due to appear in court today in London.
Sally Farmiloe dead: Howards' Way actress, and former mistress of Jeffrey Archer, dies aged 60
Women in Turkey have a laugh in public at the deputy Prime Minister's expense
Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
Australian model Robyn Lawley stages naked protest against huge coal mine seven times the size of Sydney Harbour
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
- < Previous
- Next >