Umer Farooq admits possession of terrorist documents containing details of how to make explosives, poisons and mines
Friday 02 November 2012
A 34-year-old man has admitted possession of terrorist documents containing details of how to make explosives, poisons and mines.
Umer Farooq, from Stockport, appeared at the Old Bailey by videolink today and admitted 14 counts of possession of material that could be useful to a terrorist.
This included copies of al Qaida magazine Inspire, the Terrorist Handbook Of Explosives, and other documents about "homemade C4", guns with silencers, "home built mines" and "silent killing".
One computer file contained information about the collection of evidence at crime scenes, while another bore the title "Black medicine: the dark art of death".
Farooq, who is in Belmarsh prison, was remanded in custody until November 16 when he will be sentenced at the same court.
Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
Isis 'bulldozes' Nimrud: UNESCO condemns destruction of ancient Assyrian site as a 'war crime'
The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards