Video: Police appeal for help
Friday 17 January 2014
Police have appealed for further help from the public in the search for missing toddler Mikaeel Kular, who went missing after his mother put him to bed on Wednesday evening.
Superintendent Liz McAinsh from Police Scotland has addressed the media today, urging people to help by passing on any information they may have on the case.
All lines of investigation remain open and police have an 'open mind'.
Read more: Mikaeel Kular - 'Potential sighting' as hundreds join Edinburgh search for missing three-year-old
Supt McAinsh asked people to "remain vigilant" and search the same places that they had checked the day before.
Search dogs and search teams have been deployed, and hundreds of people have joined police in the second day of the search for the three-year-old.
Police investigating his disappearance this morning said they were "deeply concerned" after searching through the night for him as temperatures plummeted to near freezing.
Volunteers who responded joined police, the fire service and specialist search teams and were briefed on how and where they should search.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace