Wanted: Police reveal list of 17 high-risk foreign criminals believed to be hiding in UK
A wanted list including a rapist, robbers and pimps all thought to be on the run in Britain was revealed today.
The names of the high-risk foreign crooks were released by Crimestoppers and Scotland Yard, as part of Operation Sunfire, a hit-list of 17 foreign fugitives which includes people from Latvia, Albania, Romania, Lithuania, Turkey and Hungary.
At the top of the list is Dritan Rexhepi, 32, who also uses the name Gramos Rexhepaj.
He is wanted for murder in Albania after two men were shot in 1999, and for a burglary in Belgium where the victims were tied up and threatened at knifepoint before money and jewellery were stolen.
The Albanian has links to London, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Lithuanian Edvinas Judinskas, 19, with links to London and Manchester, and Turk Serhat Aslan, 26, are also both wanted for murder.
Constantin Niciu, 34, is wanted in connection with a kidnapping in Romania while Krzysztof, Pedzik, 25, of Poland, is wanted for a violent robbery in 2006.
The public are being urged not to approach the suspects who are considered dangerous.
The aim of the Operation is to trace and arrest the suspected criminals, by publicising their names and crimes, after extensive police inquiries have failed.
Police believe it is as likely that the fugitives will be recognised from a social networking site or chatroom, such as Facebook or Twitter, as spotted walking down the street.
Here is a list of the most wanted foreign criminals who are thought to be hiding in the UK:
1) Dritan Rexhepi, 32, who also uses the name Gramos Rexhepaj. He is wanted for murder in Albania after two men were shot and another injured in 1999, and for an aggravated burglary in Belgium where the victims were tied up and threatened at knifepoint before money and jewellery were stolen. The Albanian has links to London, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
2) Edvinas Judinskas, 19, is wanted for murder in his native Lithuania. He is accused of being in a group who forced their way in to a flat and beat the occupant to death with a metal rod and wooden chair leg. Judinskas has links to Woolwich in south east London, Reading in Berkshire and Manchester - specifically Bury and Bolton.
3) Krzysztof Zakrzewski, 38, is wanted in Poland for a violent robbery where he and an accomplice beat and robbed a man in 1992. The Pole has links to east London, specifically Newham and Tower Hamlets.
4) Serhat Aslan, 26, is wanted for murder in his native Turkey after a 19-year-old man was fatally stabbed in 2004. He has links with Stoke Newington in north London, and Chingford in Waltham Forest where he was known to be living in 2009.
5) Constantin Niciu, 34, is wanted by authorities in Romania for robbery and kidnap. He is accused of taking part in the abduction of two men who were tied up, beaten and robbed for refusing to help traffick women. Niciu is also wanted by police in the UK for recall to prison. He has been linked to Havering in London.
6) Krzysztof Pedzik, 25, is wanted to serve a 17-month jail sentence in Poland for a robbery in 2006, and for burglary in Tottenham and Hendon, north London. He is known to spend time in Barnet, Haringey and Hackney, all north London.
7) Pawel Jakub Chmielorz, 27, is also wanted in Poland for grievous bodily harm. He has been convicted of six violent attacks between 2006 and 2009 in which all the victims suffered serious head injuries, and is wanted to serve a two-and-a-half year jail term. His last known address was in Enfield and he has also spent time in Edmonton, both north London.
8) Hysni Sokolaj, 40, is sought by Albania for human trafficking over allegations that between 2001 and 2005 he forced an Albanian woman into prostitution in Belgium and the UK. He has links to London, Leicester and Cheshunt in Hertfordshire.
9) Lukasz Wyrzykiewicz, 30, is wanted for GBH and affray in his native Poland. He is accused of stabbing two brothers and pushing them down stairs in a nightclub in 2009. He has links to Harrow, Northolt and Hounslow in London; and Thames Valley and Glasgow.
10) Laszlo Nemes, 52, is wanted by Hungarian authorities for human trafficking because he is suspected of involvement in smuggling people across the Serbian/Hungarian border. He has links to east London, particularly Newham and Tower Hamlets.
11) Robert Grygoruk, 36, is sought in his native Poland for a string of crimes possession of a handgun, assault, supplying drugs including 5kg of cannabis and amphetamines, controlling prostitution, and large scale fraud. He has been linked to east and south-east London, specifically Leytonstone and Forest Hill.
12) Dariusz Farfus, 24, is wanted in Poland for grievous bodily harm after he was convicted of taking part in a brawl in 2007. He has a jail term of 20 months and 20 days to serve. Farfus has links to north London and is believed to be living in Barnet.
13) Svetlana Mironenkova, 43, has gone missing from Latvia where she is wanted for human trafficking. She allegedly recruited women to be sent to London where they were forced to work as prostitutes. She is believed to be in North London and has links to Beckton in London.
14) Vasile Vladu, 30, who uses the aliases Marius Cionca and Marius Gitman, is wanted for attempted murder, human trafficking and theft in Romania. He has links to east London, Harlow in Essex and Hatfield in Hertfordshire. Vladu is wanted over a bar fight in 2004 where he attacked someone with a baseball bat, for trafficking women in 2004 and 2005 and theft in 2008.
15) Karol Koczmara, 24, uses the alias Michal Ura and different dates of birth including 16.05.88, 04.04.90 and 04.04.91. The Pole is wanted in Poland for an armed robbery in 2005 and a kidnapping in 2006. He is known to spend time in Edmonton and Tottenham in north London.
16) Evaldas Rabikauskas, 29, is wanted in Lithuania for a sex attack. He is accused of raping a teenager in 2007. Rabikauskas has links to Hackney in north London and Potters Bar in Hertfordshire.
17) Anna Jankawska, 26, is wanted in her native Poland for involvement in the drugs trade between 2008 and 2009. She has links to Mitcham and Wimbledon in west London and Cheltenham in Gloucestershire.
A former custard factory, a Midlands bog and a Leeds cemetery all included in top 50 hidden spots in the UK
Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
Drew Barrymore’s sister Jessica found dead in her car surrounded by 'dozens of white pills'
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >