War crimes arrest man released without charge
A man who was arrested in Britain for suspected war crimes in Croatia was released without charge, the Home Office said today.
Mile Bosnic, 54, was arrested in Gloucester on March 25 by officers from the Metropolitan Police Extradition Unit on a warrant issued by City of Westminster Magistrates' Court.
He had been expected to face extradition to Croatia to answer the allegations.
A Home Office spokesman said a judge in Croatia discontinued the investigation against Mr Bosnic on April 2.
"Subsequently he was released from extradition custody," he added.
A spokesman for the Crown Prosecution Service said it was informed on April 2 that the Croatian government had withdrawn the extradition request.
A spokeswoman for City of Westminster Magistrates' Court said the matter was discharged by the court on April 3.
James Foley 'beheaded': PM cuts holiday short for emergency meeting on British response to latest Isis atrocity
Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 4 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence