Wife jailed over TV row killing
Wednesday 07 December 2011
A dental nurse who killed her husband during a row over what to watch on television was jailed yesterday for 10 years.
Leonora Sinclair, 50, wanted to see Harry Hill's TV Burp while 73-year-old Lloyd insisted on viewing football.
As the row escalated, Mr Sinclair was stabbed with a large kitchen knife in the back of his left thigh and lay bleeding to death in their home.
Sinclair, from Enfield, north London, had previously been found guilty of manslaughter at the Old Bailey, but was cleared of murder.
Mr Sinclair, a driver for a church care centre, was scared of his wife, who had attacked him before, the court heard.
Judge Stephen Kramer told Sinclair: "I am satisfied you are a domineering person – particularly when you have taken drink."
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders