Wife who sank yacht out of spite is jailed
Friday 07 October 2011
A wife who deliberately sank her husband's yacht on Valentine's Day was jailed for 18 months yesterday.
Mandy Fleming had gone to the Double Dragon, owned by her estranged husband Adam, in Brighton Marina to meet her then lover David Brown and his wife Nemone, the Old Bailey was told.
But Fleming "lost it" after seeing that Mr Fleming had bought a new television and other items for the boat despite telling her he had no money.
She drilled holes in the hull and turned on gas cooker taps which turned the £75,000 vessel into "a bomb" because it could have exploded. It was found sinking by a marina official the next day. There were four people staying on vessels nearby.
Fleming, of Sheerness, Kent, had previously admitted endangering life by causing criminal damage in 2004.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- < Previous
- Next >