Wife who sank yacht out of spite is jailed
Friday 07 October 2011
A wife who deliberately sank her husband's yacht on Valentine's Day was jailed for 18 months yesterday.
Mandy Fleming had gone to the Double Dragon, owned by her estranged husband Adam, in Brighton Marina to meet her then lover David Brown and his wife Nemone, the Old Bailey was told.
But Fleming "lost it" after seeing that Mr Fleming had bought a new television and other items for the boat despite telling her he had no money.
She drilled holes in the hull and turned on gas cooker taps which turned the £75,000 vessel into "a bomb" because it could have exploded. It was found sinking by a marina official the next day. There were four people staying on vessels nearby.
Fleming, of Sheerness, Kent, had previously admitted endangering life by causing criminal damage in 2004.
Hilary Swank: Million Dollar Baby star says she turns down roles to care for elderly father
Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
Eiji Tsuburaya: Monster movie pioneer honoured in interactive Google Doodle
Bakery sends 'horrific' version of Frozen-themed birthday cake to unsuspecting customer
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words