Wife who sank yacht out of spite is jailed
Friday 07 October 2011
A wife who deliberately sank her husband's yacht on Valentine's Day was jailed for 18 months yesterday.
Mandy Fleming had gone to the Double Dragon, owned by her estranged husband Adam, in Brighton Marina to meet her then lover David Brown and his wife Nemone, the Old Bailey was told.
But Fleming "lost it" after seeing that Mr Fleming had bought a new television and other items for the boat despite telling her he had no money.
She drilled holes in the hull and turned on gas cooker taps which turned the £75,000 vessel into "a bomb" because it could have exploded. It was found sinking by a marina official the next day. There were four people staying on vessels nearby.
Fleming, of Sheerness, Kent, had previously admitted endangering life by causing criminal damage in 2004.
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
How climate change helped Genghis Khan: Scientists believe a sudden period of warmer weather allowed the Mongols to invade with such success
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 3 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 4 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor