Woman accused of child abuse
A woman accused of child abuse offences in connection with paedophile Colin Blanchard appeared in court by video link today.
Tracy Dawber, 43, from Guildford Road, Southport, Merseyside, faces four counts of possessing indecent images of children; five counts of permitting indecent images of children to be made; one charge of sexual assault on a child under 13; and a further count of facilitating the sexual assault of a child.
During today's short hearing at South Sefton Magistrates' Court in Bootle, Merseyside, Dawber spoke only to confirm her name and address.
She had previously denied the allegations and magistrates declined jurisdiction to hear the case.
She was remanded in custody to appear at Liverpool Crown Court on April 6, 2010, when she is due to formally enter her plea.
Blanchard, 38, admitted a string of child abuse offences at Bristol Crown Court in October alongside nursery worker Vanessa George and Angela Allen, both 39.
Police said the charges against Dawber, who works as a carer in the community with adults, have no connection to the Little Ted's Nursery in Plymouth, Devon, where George worked.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >