Woman and child found dead in house
Friday 10 June 2011
The bodies of a woman and a five-year-old child have been discovered at a house.
The 28-year-old woman and the child were found shortly before 10am today by a visitor to the property in Christie Way, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire.
Detectives are investigating the circumstances of their deaths, which are being treated as unexplained.
Detective Superintendent Noel McMenamin said: "This is an isolated and tragic incident and we are conducting a thorough investigation to find out how these deaths occurred.
"Officers have been conducting local inquiries and patrolling the area to provide reassurance to local residents."
Post-mortem examinations will be carried out in due course, Warwickshire Police said.
The identities of the woman and child will not be released until the formal identification process has been carried out and all close family members have been informed.
Police said no further details were available at this time.
West Midlands Ambulance Service deployed a senior paramedic officer, an ambulance crew and a rapid response vehicle to the house where the bodies were found.
A spokesman said: "A woman and a child were both confirmed dead at the scene."
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers