Woman cleared of sex abuse charges
A jury has found a woman not guilty of seven charges of sexual activity with teenage girls but failed to reach verdicts on 10 further counts.
Kelly Bavister-Gandy, 26, of Sandown, Isle of Wight, stood trial at Portsmouth Crown Court accused of 17 charges of sexual abuse against a 13-year-old girl and two 14-year-olds.
The jury cleared her in relation to one of the 14-year-old girls but failed to reach agreement on charges involving the other two girls.
Judge Peter Henry adjourned the case until July 19 to allow the Crown Prosecution Service to decide whether it wanted to hold a re-trial on the outstanding 10 charges.
Bavister-Gandy was remanded in custody until the next hearing at the same court.
The trial was told that the defendant had engaged in extended consensual sexual relationships with the younger girl and with one of the 14-year-olds and had a "one-night stand" with the other victim.
The jury heard allegations that Bavister-Gandy kissed the girls, gave them lovebites, touched their breasts as well as took part in more intimate sexual contact.
The defendant told police in interview that she denied any sexual contact with the girls.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Christian blogger says she will not wear leggings in public because they entice men and cause them to look at her 'lustfully'
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'