Woman found in pub freezer was shot in head
A woman whose body was found in a pub freezer was shot in the head, police said today.
Rebecca Thorpe's body was found by police last week in an outbuilding at the Compasses Inn, Snettisham, Norfolk, where she worked.
A post-mortem examination revealed that she died from a gunshot wound to the head, a Norfolk Police spokesman said.
Michael Tucker, 49, was arrested on the Isle of Wight and taken to Norfolk to be questioned by detectives.
Tucker, of Lynn Road, Snettisham, who lived with 29-year-old Ms Thorpe, was charged with her murder last Friday.
He was remanded in custody at Norwich Crown Court until his next court appearance on April 9 where he is expected to enter a plea.
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)