Woman found stabbed to death in Hackney
Tuesday 03 January 2012
The body of a woman apparently stabbed to death shortly after being kidnapped from her home yesterday morning has been found in an abandoned car in Hackney, east London.
Police were last night awaiting formal identification, but said they believed the victim was 20-year-old Kirsty Treloar.
She had been abducted from her home in Brownlow Road, Hackney, at around 7.10am by a suspect driving a grey Fiat Stilo.
The vehicle, containing Ms Treloar's body, was found an hour later. She was pronounced dead on the scene at 8:34am, having suffered stab wounds.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures