Woman in hospital after home attack by American bulldog
Friday 12 April 2013
A dog which savaged a woman has now been destroyed, police have confirmed.
Officers were called to a home in Baglan Street, Treherbert, South Wales, at 10pm last night.
On arrival they found a 22-year-old woman had suffered serious but "non life-threatening" wounds to her arms in a dog attack.
A South Wales Police spokesman said: "The dog responsible for the attack, which occurred inside the premises, was an American bulldog.
"The dog is not an illegal breed."
Police also said the animal's owner, who was "well known" to the victim, had agreed for the animal to be destroyed.
"This procedure has since taken place," the spokesman added.
In the meantime, the attack victim has been transferred from the Royal Glamorgan Hospital in Llantrisant to Morriston Hospital in Swansea for further specialist treatment.
South Wales Police also said no criminal offences by the dog's owner had taken place, and therefore no further action was being taken by the force.
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C